Monday, July 17, 2017

Kaisercraft "Keepsake" Collection

Good morning, everyone! This week, I decided to take a break from designing kits and did some of my own scrapbooking using this beautiful new collection from Kaisercraft called "Keepsake". Here is a look at the beautiful paper line:


I had this photo of my daughter that I wanted to scrapbook. She was dressed to go to the Queen's Plate in Toronto and I loved her new hat. Often, when I scrapbook, I try to match papers to the colours in the photo. But in this case, I wanted the striking colour of her hat to stand out. So I went for a very monochromatic look in the layout design.

I used the first two papers in the line shown above and fussy cut the frames in paper one. Then, I put this down on paper two and traced around the outer frames without actually gluing them onto the background paper. That enabled me to take some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Oxide ink and go around the outside of the frames to highlight the area.

I used gesso on the chipboard pieces and then coloured them with a brown Chalk ink. I cut out some postcards that I had leftover from another layout that I had done and edged them in the brown ink, as well. I cut out some of the elements from the Sticker sheet that goes with the collection and added some Prima flowers from my stash. To darken down some of the flowers, I added some Vintage Photo Oxide ink to the centers.

And here you have the layout:


So remember, there are a few occasions when you might want to go for a monochromatic look in your papers and embellishments to allow the actual photo to stand out.

Have a great week.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment